Having regular eye exams is a very important aspect of making your vision last your whole life, and keeping your overall health high. Dr. Chris Schell is an optometrist with years of experience providing comprehensive eye examinations with advanced retinal imaging to ensure the most accurate eye and vision health evaluation. This means you will learn about more than just your needed lense prescription, but also any diseases, how well your eyes work together and learn about your eyes as an indicator of your overall health.
If you begin to find that you are having trouble with your vision, or you have not had an adult eye examination in a long period of time, it is recommended you book an appointment with an optometrist right away. You should have an eye exam every one to three years depending on your age, physical condition or risk factors - however, if you are over 40, you should have your eyes examined every one to two years.
The adult eye exam typically includes:
- Digital fundus photograph – a picture of the back surface of the eye
- Visual Acuity Test – testing sight
- Binocular Visual Assessment - testing how the eyes work together
- Check up on overall eye health - both front and back and may include pupil dilation if required
- Intraocular Pressure – assessing risk of glaucoma
- Corneal Pachymetry – assessing risk of glaucoma
- Refraction – determines the precise prescription
- Final Diagnosis and Recommendations- based on individual needs
Dr. Chris Schell of Barrie, Ontario and his vision team are always welcoming new patients! For more information or to book an adult eye exam, please give us a call.